Skip to main content

Another Show, Another Closing Night... Or Two.

When I auditioned for Fiddler on the Roof at a local theatre here in town, I never thought that I could get cast in the children's show Bridge to Terabithia. Imagine my surprise when I was approached by the director to be an understudy for Miss Edmunds, as well as an Assistant Stage Manager. I eagerly agreed, and thus began one of the craziest summers I've experienced so far. While I was disappointed to have not made it into Fiddler, I am so thankful to have been given the opportunity to have worked on Bridge to Terabithia. Because it is a children's show, most of the roles were double cast meaning we have two closing nights. Tonight was the final performance ever of Bridge to Terabithia at Brigham's Playhouse.
Closing night is always a bittersweet feeling. I'm anxious to move on to the next show, or to even have a break from shows and have a chance to breathe for a little while before jumping into the next production. But on the other side of that, I'm never ready to say goodbye to my cast members who most of the time have become my second family over the weeks on end that we've worked together. Closing a show never gets any easier, even with shows I've felt no real investment in. I still struggle to wrap my mind around the fact that after this show, I won't get to spend every evening with these people, some of whom I've become very close to in the time we've worked together.
This show has taught me so much, and I've been very lucky to have worked with the amazing cast and crew that we have. I kept telling myself I wouldn't cry and I failed, I always do. You know what they say, "when one show closes, another one opens." Bridge to Terabithia may be closing but there are more shows on the horizon and I can't wait to see what they are and what's in store for me.
I'm so thankful and blessed for every part of this experience and I would do it all again if I was given the chance. Dr. Seuss once said "don't cry because it's over, smile because it's happened." What a perfect saying to end this blog post and this show with. I am sad to say goodbye, but the memories will remain and I wouldn't have it any other way.


Red Cast Closing Night:
 Silly Faces!
 Me, Cameron and Barkley. Cameron played Jesse Aarons
 Me and Audra, one of the Leslie Burkes
 Stella!!!!!!! Stella was the adorable May Belle Aarons.
 Lindsay, who played Brenda, Jesse's older sister.

 

Thank you Red Cast for a great show.


Green Cast: There's not a lot of pictures, but you get the gist.

Keaton, who played Jesse Aarons.
Silly Faces are my favorite pictures
Thank you Green Cast for a great show!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To Gigi

Hey Gigi, I can't believe you've been gone an entire year. I miss you so much. I wish we would've been closer before you left but our fractured relationship with Grandma sorta prevented that.I remember getting the call from my mom while I was at Disneyland with my friends saying that I needed to call Grandma Darcy because you were probably going to die that night. I broke down crying at the Tower of Terror, my friends held me on the sidewalk while I cried. I finally put myself together long enough to call you and say goodbye. You didn't answer me and when I hung up I lost it again. I pulled myself together so I could enjoy the rest of my trip, anxiously waiting for the phone call that you had moved on. I returned home and you were doing better, all the worry and panic that I felt was finally gone... I still had more time. I wasn't expecting to receive that message from Grandma on the morning of April 3, 2012 that you had passed on in your sleep. I sat at the table

Competition Season (Mostly)

Competition season is vastly approaching, meaning my life has taken a turn into Crazy Town. Sometimes I wonder why I signed up for two AP classes, Theater, Band, and Medical Anatomy while I'm trying to juggle working too. It is extremely tiring to be doing all these things but the rewards make it all worth it. It'll be nice to not have to take English or Government in college (if I pass the AP test) and the memories I make with my  performing arts friends will last me forever, not to mention it is so cool to learn all our body can do, oh and work is such a fun little family for me and the money in my bank account doesn't hurt. Stuff like this makes the craziness worth it. I'm not one to just sit still, I love having stuff going on in my life. Back to the topic... Competition Season. AH!!!! I LOVE competition season. I love pouring hours into my instrument hoping the rest of the band does the same thing and maybe this is the year we'll take state (fingers crossed) I