Skip to main content

My Name is Rebecca Christensen and I, am a Shopaholic

     Okay lets just get one thing absolutely crystal clear here: I LOVE to shop! Even if I don't spend money I love walking into stores and arranging outfits which I think would look adorable on me or trying fragrances at Bath and Body Works and convincing myself I don't need that. I just love it all. That being said, I do have a job and I feel I am responsible with my money (as responsible as any 17 year old who still has mommy and daddy paying for all my needs can be), I make sure that I pay what I owe for my phone bill and the car insurance and then once that's done I put some money from every check into savings because crap happens and I don't want to worry about where am I going to get the money to replace my busted tire or to pay for the totally unexpected fees I encounter through school (the tire was fixed and schools done for now so my savings is untouched, yay!) So I feel comfortable when I spend money on that totally fab dress at Areopostale (the one store I NEVER leave empty handed... like today I went in just to look and came out with four new undershirts). Another thing is when I do splurge I feel immensely guilty about it, and lay off the shopping for a bit. Here's another downfall of mine when it comes to shopping: I am a huge sucker for sales. If I see SALE I have to go check it out and usually end up buying something. So imagine my joy when my favorite stores are having sales. I go crazy... here's what I've bought at Bath and Body Works since their Semi-Annual Sale started on Wednesday:

  • Bali Mango Full Size Bath Gel (this was a gift)
  • Bali Mango Full Size Lotion (also a gift)
  • Love Love Love Full Size Spray
  • Instant Hair Highlights in Honey Sweetheart (okay so I don't know why I bought this...)
  • Bronze Shimmer Fizz Body Mousse in Rome Honey Suckle Amore (again I don't know why)
  • Aromatherapy Sleep Body Wash in Black Chamomile (I have sleep issues plus this is supposed to help detox your body while you sleep! I need this black magic!)
  • Oak: For Men Full Size Body Lotion (not for me obviously... I bought it for my boyfriend)
  • TOTAL AMOUNT SPENT: $33.46 (this isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be!)
  • TOTAL AMOUNT SAVED: $56.51 (AWESOME! this is how I justify buying all that junk)
     See? Horrible, right? I still have to go back and get my friend's birthday presents! At least I am saving more than I spent and seeing that helps make me feel slightly better about buying stuff I don't need I'm not going to lie. The other stores weren't too bad... a bra I don't need at Victoria's Secret which was half off so I was all over that and at Areopostale today the buy one get two free on their tank tops. Ulta is another bad store for me... I've recently become obsessed with makeup even though I rarely will wear it because I feel I don't need to "enhance my beauty" I see buy two get two free and I find myself grabbing stuff I don't need just because I want three items and need one more for the deal to count... it's bad. 
     I guess the point of this article was to put it out there how bad my shopping habits are... or at least I think they're bad but it is just sales at least I don't just shop to shop I really only do go crazy if a sale is involved (or my cash budget is $200 but whatever). Reading this now makes me feel slightly better and makes it seem like maybe I'm not so spendy and terrible with shopping as I thought. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Gigi

Hey Gigi, I can't believe you've been gone an entire year. I miss you so much. I wish we would've been closer before you left but our fractured relationship with Grandma sorta prevented that.I remember getting the call from my mom while I was at Disneyland with my friends saying that I needed to call Grandma Darcy because you were probably going to die that night. I broke down crying at the Tower of Terror, my friends held me on the sidewalk while I cried. I finally put myself together long enough to call you and say goodbye. You didn't answer me and when I hung up I lost it again. I pulled myself together so I could enjoy the rest of my trip, anxiously waiting for the phone call that you had moved on. I returned home and you were doing better, all the worry and panic that I felt was finally gone... I still had more time. I wasn't expecting to receive that message from Grandma on the morning of April 3, 2012 that you had passed on in your sleep. I sat at the table

Competition Season (Mostly)

Competition season is vastly approaching, meaning my life has taken a turn into Crazy Town. Sometimes I wonder why I signed up for two AP classes, Theater, Band, and Medical Anatomy while I'm trying to juggle working too. It is extremely tiring to be doing all these things but the rewards make it all worth it. It'll be nice to not have to take English or Government in college (if I pass the AP test) and the memories I make with my  performing arts friends will last me forever, not to mention it is so cool to learn all our body can do, oh and work is such a fun little family for me and the money in my bank account doesn't hurt. Stuff like this makes the craziness worth it. I'm not one to just sit still, I love having stuff going on in my life. Back to the topic... Competition Season. AH!!!! I LOVE competition season. I love pouring hours into my instrument hoping the rest of the band does the same thing and maybe this is the year we'll take state (fingers crossed) I

Another Show, Another Closing Night... Or Two.

When I auditioned for Fiddler on the Roof at a local theatre here in town, I never thought that I could get cast in the children's show Bridge to Terabithia. Imagine my surprise when I was approached by the director to be an understudy for Miss Edmunds, as well as an Assistant Stage Manager. I eagerly agreed, and thus began one of the craziest summers I've experienced so far. While I was disappointed to have not made it into Fiddler , I am so thankful to have been given the opportunity to have worked on Bridge to Terabithia. Because it is a children's show, most of the roles were double cast meaning we have two closing nights. Tonight was the final performance ever of Bridge to Terabithia  at Brigham's Playhouse. Closing night is always a bittersweet feeling. I'm anxious to move on to the next show, or to even have a break from shows and have a chance to breathe for a little while before jumping into the next production. But on the other side of that, I'm nev