Skip to main content

JUST HANG IN THERE!!!!!!

This post is going to be a little bit religious, you are forewarned... Don't like it don't keep reading but you'll be missing out :)
     So in my school we have this program called advocacy which just means our schedule gets horribly messed up and for twenty minutes we go to a teacher who for most of us we've never had and chill and talk about whatever the lesson plan is. Today the lesson was on suicide. Suicide rates apparently have been really high these past few years this year alone the state of Utah has had 18 teen suicides (yes I'm talking about 2013). That is something that deeply saddens my heart. I understand that sometimes it is so hard to see that light at the end of the tunnel and remain hopeful that this bump in the road will iron out to bigger and better things. If people could just see that and keep pushing on that'd be awesome. I also understand sometimes the person isn't screaming for help on the outside and it appears as if nothing is wrong, but on the inside they are dying. With the stress and pressure of being in high school it's hard to hold on. Having a great relationship with God and amazing friends during this stage of life is crucial. I don't know where I'd be if it wasn't for my personal relationship with Jesus Christ and the everlasting support of my friends... I probably would've snapped by now.
      As a Junior in high school I started to realize that what I do now affects what I will be doing later. My C's which were passing killed my 3.8 GPA. The stress started eating me away and I felt myself falling apart, and wasn't sure how to handle it. I remembered that I didn't have to be alone, I have Heavenly Father and his Son Jesus Christ on my side! I fell back onto prayer and felt better. Whenever I feel myself falling (which as a Senior in 2 AP and an honors class I do so often) I open up my journal where I record my prayers and start praying, almost instantly I feel a sense of calm wash over me and I am able to breathe again. My friend Sarah  also helped by always being there when I needed her to be there and I am grateful for that.
     Maybe if these teens had that personal relationship with Christ than suicide wouldn't have happened. I pray that more and more people do start developing that relationship, it could really help. A personal experience a few years ago has removed suicide out of my mind as an option. I've seen what it can do to those left behind... it's devastating losing anybody close to you but when you lose them that way it's heart-wrenching. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. If you are reading this and you find yourself considering suicide please know it does get better. Life moves on, just hang on. Don't be selfish, because suicide is very selfish. The only person who'll feel any better is yourself. The people you leave behind will never be the same again. Again I say, suicide is a PERMANENT solution to a TEMPORARY problem! Ending your life is not the way to solve anything. You'll only be hurting others. Even if you think you are a nothing, nobody loves you THAT'S NOT TRUE!!!!!!!!! EVERYBODY IS IMPORTANT AND YOU ARE LOVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Talk to someone, get on your knees and start praying but please don't ever give up! You are special and someone out there will be devastated beyond belief if you are gone. Even if it seems like nobody loves you, you will ALWAYS have Jesus and he loves you so much that he died for you on that cross. So please DON'T GIVE UP! There is a light at the end of the tunnel, there is hope! JUST HANG IN THERE!!!! :)

Comments

  1. Becca- how strong and courageous you are to speak out about Jesus. We need more teenagers to not be worried of what their friends might think, but to be proud of their faith. This is a great post and I hope many read it who need it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To Gigi

Hey Gigi, I can't believe you've been gone an entire year. I miss you so much. I wish we would've been closer before you left but our fractured relationship with Grandma sorta prevented that.I remember getting the call from my mom while I was at Disneyland with my friends saying that I needed to call Grandma Darcy because you were probably going to die that night. I broke down crying at the Tower of Terror, my friends held me on the sidewalk while I cried. I finally put myself together long enough to call you and say goodbye. You didn't answer me and when I hung up I lost it again. I pulled myself together so I could enjoy the rest of my trip, anxiously waiting for the phone call that you had moved on. I returned home and you were doing better, all the worry and panic that I felt was finally gone... I still had more time. I wasn't expecting to receive that message from Grandma on the morning of April 3, 2012 that you had passed on in your sleep. I sat at the table

Competition Season (Mostly)

Competition season is vastly approaching, meaning my life has taken a turn into Crazy Town. Sometimes I wonder why I signed up for two AP classes, Theater, Band, and Medical Anatomy while I'm trying to juggle working too. It is extremely tiring to be doing all these things but the rewards make it all worth it. It'll be nice to not have to take English or Government in college (if I pass the AP test) and the memories I make with my  performing arts friends will last me forever, not to mention it is so cool to learn all our body can do, oh and work is such a fun little family for me and the money in my bank account doesn't hurt. Stuff like this makes the craziness worth it. I'm not one to just sit still, I love having stuff going on in my life. Back to the topic... Competition Season. AH!!!! I LOVE competition season. I love pouring hours into my instrument hoping the rest of the band does the same thing and maybe this is the year we'll take state (fingers crossed) I

Another Show, Another Closing Night... Or Two.

When I auditioned for Fiddler on the Roof at a local theatre here in town, I never thought that I could get cast in the children's show Bridge to Terabithia. Imagine my surprise when I was approached by the director to be an understudy for Miss Edmunds, as well as an Assistant Stage Manager. I eagerly agreed, and thus began one of the craziest summers I've experienced so far. While I was disappointed to have not made it into Fiddler , I am so thankful to have been given the opportunity to have worked on Bridge to Terabithia. Because it is a children's show, most of the roles were double cast meaning we have two closing nights. Tonight was the final performance ever of Bridge to Terabithia  at Brigham's Playhouse. Closing night is always a bittersweet feeling. I'm anxious to move on to the next show, or to even have a break from shows and have a chance to breathe for a little while before jumping into the next production. But on the other side of that, I'm nev